[vorbis] Quality & Tags

Erik Fuller Phaedras at gmx.net
Mon Apr 1 05:59:14 PST 2002

> Are there really people who
> collect ripped CDs but won't accept files ripped with the wrong
> software or at the wrong settings?
>
> Moz

Ah, guilty as charged :-)

Well, maybe not that extreme, but the thought that I download files that
were proabably not ripped with offset correction and in secure mode with jitter
correction and all those bells and whistles kinda gets me :-). I just guess
I'm a bit of an audiophile.

I won't stop downloading songs I like even though I don't know who ripped
them and with what, but one thing I would really like to know is at which -q
they were encoded, because that makes the greatest difference in the end.

http://www.gmx.net