[vorbis] Ogg Vorbis Tags

rillian rillian at telus.net
Tue Sep 18 11:12:44 PDT 2001

On Tuesday, September 18, 2001, at 10:47, Magnus von Koeller wrote:

> 1. Should Tag names (i.e. "ARTIST=") be lower- or uppercase. I've
> encountered
> both and right now I automatically uppercase everything I get and then
> write
> it to the file that way.

That sounds like a reasonable thing to do. They are indeed
case-insensitive.

> 2. What Tag is the tracknumber in? Is it "TRACKNUMBER"? Or something
> else?
> Will I encounter something different?

TRACKNUMBER is the officially recommended tag. There are of course some
interpretation issues with hidden tracks and/or multi-disc collections.

All this is in the the spec document, btw.

     http://xiph.org/ogg/vorbis/doc/v-comment.html

Hope that helps,
  -r