[Re: [vorbis] new ogg stream]

k_myers at irito.com k_myers at irito.com
Fri Sep 7 18:54:15 PDT 2001

I am not a programmer.
However, I do design streaming technology and systems, and I appreciate the
efforts of people like you Peter, for those of use working on the win32
platform.  I am in the process of firing up your newest in_vorbis plug...

I will be honest. My experiences with it have been less then satisfactory to
date on the client side when used for connecting to Icecast2 Win32(oddsock's
implementation). Listeners to my station also have sent me feed back that
supports this, and they use your plug-in. I know that things are improving
at an incredible rate, and I applauded your efforts.

However I do feel that a lot more testing is needed in order to hammer out
some of the things many people have been having problems with on the client
side. Email me off list, and I will gladly provide you with comments sent to
me from many of the regular listeners of my stations who have been trying
out the ogg stream and use your plug-in with winamp.  It can only help with
further development.

Cheers.

Lithium.