[vorbis] Encoder signature question

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Fri Sep 7 15:06:45 PDT 2001

On Mon, Sep 03, 2001 at 06:28:53AM +0200, Moritz Grimm wrote:
> > > Uh, sure it does, officially since RC2 on the encoder side and RC1 for
> > How would that work with more than two channels?
>
> 1, 3, 5, ... channels are stored without coupling, 2, 4, 6, ... channels
> with coupling, according to what I remember what Monty said.

No, only stereo is coupled *right now*.  Any number of 2 or more
channels my be coupled (by cascading coupling steps in a tree), but
the current libvorbisenc will only set up coupling for stereo (Optimal
coupling would vary for what format the multichannel input was in.
Eg, quadraphonics and ambisonics would need to be coupled
differently).

Monty