[vorbis] channel coupling in rc2

David K. Gasaway dave at gasaway.org
Mon Sep 3 17:18:25 PDT 2001

On 4 Sep 2001 at 0:35, Moritz Grimm wrote:

> I'm quite interested in that clip - could you make it available
> (losslessly compressed) online somewhere? If it's a proprietary piece of
> music, pick a representative part w/o melody and lyrics out of it to
> keep it from infringing the usual copyrights. Thanks in advance!

Hmm...Didn't think there'd be too much interest, as this issue had already been discussed on the
list.  However, I uploaded it here:
   http://dave.gasaway.org/vorbis/02_-_JLIPI_-_Clip.flac
About 1:45 into "Just Like I Pictured It" from Madeski Martin & Wood's Combustication.

This clip comes from some listening tests I did in the last few weeks.  I selected some nasty stuff
[well, I thought it would be difficult stuff, anyway] like Copland, Villa-Lobos, Kev Hopper :P, and
MM&W.  I came away very impressed - very nice work guys!

I'll try to get in some more tests soon.

[Here's hoping my sig doesn't get mangled this time... :)]

-:-:- David K. Gasaway
-:-:- XNS  : =David K Gasaway
-:-:- Email: dave at gasaway.org
-:-:- Web  : dave.gasaway.org