[vorbis] simputer

Kristoff Bonne kristoff.bonne at skypro.be
Tue Sep 25 12:44:21 PDT 2001

Greetings,

Today, there was something on the news of the 'simputer'; a very 'simple
computer' that currently is being developed in India.
(http://www.simputer.org/).
(palmtop computer priced some 1000 Rs -which should be roughly some 160
euro-.
It's based in linux and one of the ways it tries to be as cheap as
possible is by avoiding all kind of licensed technology.

Now, when browsing the feature-list, I noticed the following line:
"includes a mp3-player".

So, what is missing? ;-)
If the purpose of the vorbis is avoid all costs that have to do with
licencing; I guess vorbis should be part of it too.

Maybe something to look at!

Cheerio! Kr. Bonne.

--
KB905-RIPE                                       Belgacom  IP networking
(c=be,a=rtt,p=belgacomgroup,s=Bonne,g=Kristoff)  Internet, IP and IP/VPN