[vorbis] low sampling rate

SyP syp at dev-labs.com
Sun Sep 23 11:34:58 PDT 2001

Hello,

is somebody working on a good low-sampling rate / low-bitrate mode?

I encoded today a mono/16KHz/16bit WAV (a TV-talkshow), using OggDrop.
The quality of the '64kbps' mode was unacceptable, so I had to use
'80kbps' mode. The bitrate averages around 42 kbps, which I found a
bit high for this quality. In your opinion, what bitrate should I
expect as Vorbis matures? 24 kbps?

Cheers,
SyP

--

I'm not opinionated, I'm just always right!