[vorbis] Pyogg equivalent for mp3?

mike wakerly mike-list at wakerly.com
Sat Sep 15 17:13:18 PDT 2001

Hello All,

Somewhat offtopic, but pertinent for my Ogg app. I'm very happily using
pyogg and pyao in a python script to serve as my ogg decoder. It's
working very well!

I'd like to add support for MP3s in a fashion similar to what I already
have for oggs. However, I'm unaware of any such module. Anyone know of a
python decoder wrapper for MP3s? Closest thing I can find is the python
'PyGame' project, which seems to be a lot more than I need. Ideally this
wrapper could function like pyogg, streaming a chunk of the file at a
time to ao. Before I cannibalize PyGame... Any tips?

Cheers,
Mike