[vorbis] a few questions

Marshall Eubanks tme at 21rst-century.com
Fri Sep 14 10:24:14 PDT 2001

Andrew Voznytsa wrote:

> i want to embed only the raw packets, because mp4 file has its own sync
> mechanism.
>
> below is list of things which need to be provided to mp4 mux.
>
> 1. reader should provide sync info, which include: duration of current frame
> (it could be duration of 'page' in bitstream'). term 'frame' means that's
> some atomic type for decode which can be decoded (for example, something
> like video frame, ADTS packet, etc).
> 2. is it key frame or no. this info is used for seeking. 'key frame' means
> that this frame is independed from any previous frames and can be decoded
> without decoding any previous frames.
> 3. size in bytes of current frame.
> 4. DecodeSpecificInfo. it's array of bytes, length is variable. can be 0 if
> decoder does not require this info. in DecoderSpecificInfo is saved
> everything what's need by decoder in order to decode streams. for example,
> smaling rate of decoded stream, channel configuration, etc. a few instances
> of DecodeSpecificInfo can be present if some parameters of stream are
> variable during playing.
> 5. MaxBitrate of stream.
> 6. AvgBitrate if stream was not encoded in vbr mode.
> 7. ObjectTypeIndication. it's byte, which specifies what type of stream is
> muxed. Mpeg4 spec says that values 0xC0-0xFE should be used for private
> streams.
>
> AV

Are you aware of the work on MPEG  4 RTP specs ?
I suspect (unless I am parsing this wrong) that a lot of  this has been addressed for
streaming :

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3016.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-mpeg4-multisl-01.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-mpeg2aac-02.txt

--
                                 Regards
                                 Marshall Eubanks

T.M. Eubanks
Multicast Technologies, Inc
10301 Democracy Lane, Suite 410
Fairfax, Virginia 22030
Phone : 703-293-9624       Fax     : 703-293-9609
e-mail : tme at multicasttech.com
http://www.on-the-i.com

Test your network for multicast : http://www.multicasttech.com/mt/
 Check the status of multicast in real time :
 http://www.multicasttech.com/status/index.html