[vorbis] I hate myself for asking this, but...

elfin elfin at slo.net
Sat Sep 8 04:05:57 PDT 2001

How good is ogg Vorbis gonna be at its highest bitrate?
How good is ogg Vorbis now (compared to MPC or MP3)?
I did some little tests, I think it's good, but I want your opinion.

Are there gonna be any "advanced user options" added to Vorbis?
Maybe you could add a 224 kbps option too. Not that I miss it, but maybe ...
I would like to use it at 4:1 compression, no too aggressive masking, no
I don't mind using high bitrate.

Great work guys. I hope ogg Vorbis becomes the format that everybody will
use soon.