[vorbis] new ogg stream

Magnus Holmgren lear at algonet.se
Sat Sep 8 01:35:36 PDT 2001

Peter Pawlowski wrote:

> See if you can play static ogg files (not live streams) via http (eg. those
> from vorbis.com).

No, that doesn't work either. Tried
http://www.vorbis.com/music/keoki_passiton.ogg. WinAmp says 8 kbps and 8
kHz...

Hmm, interesting. The data was fetched at a rate of about 500 kB/s,
according to the firewall's status window (difficult, since my ADSL
connection should max out at ~64 kB/s). The connection status window
(for the NIC) says a more reasonable 50-60 kB/s. I stopped it after
having "fetched" some 100 MB... :)

If I let WinAmp go through a proxy, I don't get the extreme speeds (and
it won't fetched more data than there really is), which could indicate
that there's something strange about the HTTP-reading code.

--
Magnus Holmgren