[vorbis] Vorbis for PlayStation

Tone tone_ml1 at ntlworld.com
Wed Oct 3 04:03:30 PDT 2001

On reading this thread with interest, I couldn't help but wander why no one has mentioned the old Net Yaroze for the Playstation. This consisted of a Sony Playstation in Black, that had a serial port on the back, that allowed programs to be sent from the PC to be executed on the Playstation. This came with a PC based C compiler with libraries for the Playstation hardware, and was designed for hobbyest use. I think that this has now been dropped, but whilst web searching, I came across an interesting site:

http://www.geocities.co.jp/Playtown/2004/psx/ny_e.htm

An independent software developent tools (based on GNU C/C++) site. The english does look as though its been translated from Japanise mechanically though.

Anyways, I thought this might be of interest regarding the original posters idea.

Regards,

Tone.