[vorbis] More on CD anti-copying techniques

safemode safemode at speakeasy.net
Tue Oct 2 05:40:36 PDT 2001

On Tuesday 02 October 2001 08:14, Nathan I. Sharfi wrote:
> I doubt this; why would any self-respecting label advertise that their
> music is capable of being ripped and distributed electronically?
>
> On Tue, 2 Oct 2001, safemode wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > You're probably going to see record labels advertising True cds to try
> > and get more sales than those advertising the retarded broken cds with
> > wma crap on them.

None of them have been advertising that they can get ripped yet and they all
can.   You'll find some labels selling on the point that their competitors
cds are broken and sub-quality and shorter.  Compatibility is always a great
seller.  The cd ripping population is quite large and they wont be happy with
those record companies doing this when it goes full scale.

I'm not paranoid that the entire world is becoming corporate and all.  I have
absolute faith that this "anti-pirating technique" will be broken quite
quickly and everything will return to business as usual.  If it hasn't been
already.  Lucky for me, none of the music i listen to comes from any major
record labels and something tells me the indie labels will be slow if at all
to come on board with this crap.