[vorbis] vorbis players (or lack of) for mac

dongoodman deg3 at msstate.edu
Mon Oct 29 22:32:00 PST 2001

On Tuesday, October 30, 2001, at 12:28  AM, mike wakerly wrote:

> On Monday, October 29, 2001, at 10:21 PM, rillian wrote:
>> This is nonsense. You always need a license to use mp3. That's why we
>> wrote vorbis. :) Thompson has a website (mp3licensing.com) that explains
>> what they want. I've occasionally heard of exemptions for freeware, but
>> there doesn't seem to be anything like that listed.
>
> Egads, man! I didn't realize it was that bad, large or small! Viva Vorbis!

me neither. check it: http://www.mp3licensing.com/royalty/index.html
how does XMMS deal with this?

have fun
dongoodman

     |`I invented the term 'object oriented',              pobox 2516|
     |and I can tell you                         mississippi state ms|
     |I did not have C++ in mind.'                              39762|