[vorbis] Some simple Q's about Vorbis...

Nicholas Pappas nick at rightstep.org
Mon Oct 29 17:01:50 PST 2001

        Hello all!

        I am wondering if anyone can help me locate some information concerning
streaming Vorbis files.  I am needing to locate the information for a
multimedia networking class I am taking so I can learn all this audio
and networking mumbo-jumbo.
        For the class, I need to locate 3 streaming media types and answer the
following questions:
                Does it use Meta files?
                Does it use UDP or TCP?
                Is RTP and/or RTSP used?

        As far as I've been able to determine thus far, by reading the
documentation (concerning Vorbis):
                No
                Both
                No mention

        Can someone help me locate some more specific information concerning any
of the above, or let me know for sure that Vorbis doesn't use said
technology?

        Many thanks from a newbie!

        Nick