[vorbis] Is Vorbis really THIS good?

Alen Ladavac alen at croteam.com
Thu Oct 11 15:02:10 PDT 2001

Ogg is really better and you can probably make 80kbps oggs that sound much
better than 160kbps mp3s. (Well, at least in our tests here we created
64kbps oggs that sounded just as good as 128kbps mp3s - and as most people
will tell you 64kbps mp3 would just sound _bad_). But, _don't_ do the
re-encoding from mp3 to ogg (as Moritz said).

[aside from what Moritz already answered, just wanted to restate that ogg is
really good hehe...]

Alen