[vorbis] Vorbis for PlayStation

Daniel Vogel vogel at epicgames.com
Mon Oct 1 14:28:10 PDT 2001

> We'll you're wrong there as far as I know because vorbis is a bsd
> license now not gpl based so you don't have to resubmit the code back

If vorbis were LGPL'ed I wouldn't even consider it. GPL/LGPL are bad
licenses for real world use IMO.

> into the main branch.

I know, I just meant to emphasis that if a game were to use Ogg Vorbis on
PS2 or XBox it wouldn't necessarily help other people trying to do the same
due to the fact that rolling back the changes might be violating NDAs. And
you can count on that no console game developer would take that risk just
for the benefit of competitors ;)

> Ps, I havent said at all I did or didn't use ogg vorbis on the ps2.

I can say that we don't ;)

- Daniel Vogel, Programmer, Epic Games Inc.