[vorbis] Lossy Audio Compression Research

SyP syp at dev-labs.com
Thu Nov 8 10:04:38 PST 2001

Hello Gian-Carlo,

You wrote at 11/8/2001, 6:35 PM:

Garf> My problem is that I don't have any speech samples
Garf> and I found it suprisingly hard to find good ones
Garf> on the 'net.

http://www.sounduser.com/pageview.cfm?cd=75&p=1--
Also interesting, but I think it costs money...

Cheers,             _____________________________
  SyP              (_Szabolcs Péter  PGP Key ID:
_____________________)ICQ# 69968772  0x098AEC13

I have to think hard to name an interesting man who does not drink. (Richard Burton)
Ezt írtad 11/8/2001, 6:35 PM-kor:

Pascutto> On Sat, 3 Nov 2001, Ross Vandegrift wrote:

>> > Sounds interesting. Oh... by the way - isn´t Gian-Carlo Pascutto working
>> > on a speech-optimized tuning of the encoder?
>>
>> I have no idea ::-).  Does he have a webpage I could read?

Pascutto> I don't. Maybe when I have more time (hah!).

Pascutto> My problem is that I don't have any speech samples
Pascutto> and I found it suprisingly hard to find good ones
Pascutto> on the 'net.

Pascutto> I can't give it a try if I don't have anything to tune
Pascutto> on :(

Pascutto> Ideally I'd like 3 or 4 female and male speakers.

Pascutto> (Someone sent me a 200M speech, but something must have gone
Pascutto> wrong because I can only get digital silence out of it)

--
    SyP              (_Szabolcs Péter  PGP Key ID: