[vorbis] Multichannel files

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Wed Nov 14 17:46:32 PST 2001

At 07:57 PM 11/14/01 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>As I´ve understood things, the Ogg Vorbis format supports more that two
>channels (stereo). Is there any tools to encode x sourcefiles into one .ogg
>file?

Oggenc will happily encode multi-channel wav files, though it doesn't merge
multiple files for you.

However, two caveats:
 1) Decoders. I don't think anyone deals with this right, yet.
 2) Channel mappings - we haven't defined a way to do this, yet. So all you
    have is N independent channels, the file won't say that one is front-
    left, one front-right, one centre, etc.

Michael