[vorbis] Vorbis 1.0 before the end of the year?

Greg Wooledge greg at wooledge.org
Sat Nov 3 14:48:31 PST 2001

Mark Hetherington (mark.hetherington at studentmail.newcastle.edu.au) wrote:

> Sorry, I understood that, but my point was more that it be called "1.0" so
> that manufacturers waiting for 1.0 can say "Right there's a 1.0 decoder, so
> now we can use that in our product". The "1.0" thing is a psychological
> milestone for many end users.

You're right, but I can't help noting with some irony that 1.0 is also
an ANTI-milestone for the other half of the users.  Usually, when
someone releases version 1.0 of something, that's the version you want
to AVOID... use 0.9.9 or wait for 1.0.1. :-/

greg at wooledge.org              |    - The Red Hot Chili Peppers
http://wooledge.org/~greg/     |

<HR NOSHADE>
<UL>
<LI>application/pgp-signature attachment: stored
</UL>