[vorbis] wishlist for ogg123 += Non-blocking verbose messages

Andreas Fuchs asf at acm.org
Thu May 31 01:21:58 PDT 2001

On 2001-05-30, Kenneth Arnold <ken at arnoldnet.net> wrote:
> nonblocking possibly, but a simple select on fd 2 might do it (or is
> there a way to test if a write will block besides select?).

Argh. Yes, a select _is_ the one true way to do that. I had thought of
ioctl-ing the fd 2 and then installing a signal handler, ... but that
was a brainfart.

> If you give me a simple remote-control interface (similar to mpg123's
> maybe?)  I could implement it, but not soon because I have tons of
> end-of-year concerns to worry about and I'm not getting graded on
> ogg123. Volunteers?

Well, I have volunteered to send a patch by yesterday, but as you surely
can see, err... (-:
I'll see what I can do, but help is always welcome.

> Speaking of which, there's a remote control patch that I haven't
> looked at either, for the same reasons.

Ok, I will try to find that one.

Thanks for the hint.

--