[vorbis] optimisation

Thomas Kirk thomas at arkena.com
Wed May 23 10:02:55 PDT 2001

On Wed, May 23, 2001 at 08:59:00AM -0800, Segher Boessenkool wrote:

> Thomas Kirk wrote:
> >
> > what are the main fields where optimisation will take place to improve
> > the CPU use when decoding Ogg Vorbis files?
>
> Everything that shuffles around a lot of data.  Most importantly, the
> MDCT and bitstream reading/decoding routines, secondly the residue/floor
> decoding.

I really need to read up on how vorbis works can anyone point me towards
some docs that describes how it works in general (i use to see a
diagram that showed how the diffrent parts in the codec worked together)?

--
Venlig hilsen/Kind regards
Thomas Kirk
thomas at arkena.com
http://www.arkena.com

I was in a bar and I walked up to a beautiful woman and said, "Do you live
around here often?"  She said, "You're wearing two different-color socks."
I said, "Yes, but to me they're the same because I go by thickness."
She said, "How do you feel?" And I said, "You know when you're sitting on a
chair and you lean back so you're just on two legs and you lean too far so
you almost fall over but at the last second you catch yourself?  I feel like
that all the time..."
		-- Steven Wright, "Gentlemen's Quarterly"