[fairly off-topic] Re: [vorbis] Are AMDs preferable? [was: Choosing a processor]

ndrw mchl grnbrg agreenbu at nyx.net
Tue May 29 14:14:55 PDT 2001

Thought that VIA bought them?

I used to have a ALI-based board with a K62-500 running on it.
Solid as a rock.

Randall Hofland <rhofland at fastdial.net> wrote:
: ALi?
:
: Segher Boessenkool wrote:
:
: > ndrw mchl grnbrg wrote:
: > >
: > > Segher Boessenkool <segher at chello.nl> wrote:
: > > :
: > > : Oh, and VIA is not the only manufacturer of Athlon chipsets, and certainly
: > > : not the best.
: > >
: > > Who else is making them? Honestly, when I've been looking at system boards
: > > lately it seems like VIA's in at least 85% of them.
: >
: > AMD itself, of course.  And SIS is/will be making them as well.  And another
: > company, but I forgot who.  At least four companies total.
: >
: > VIA is used most because it is cheapest.  Cheap and high quality / good vendor
: > after-sales support don't correlate very much...
: >
: > Cheers,
: >
: > Segher