[vorbis] wishlist for ogg123 += Non-blocking verbose messages

Andreas Fuchs asf at acm.org
Tue May 29 11:39:38 PDT 2001

Today, Segher Boessenkool <segher at chello.nl> wrote:
> Non-blocking won't help, I think...

Hm, why? My thought were these: If ogg123 can't write to stderr, it
shouldn't even try to, because as soon as the reader gets the message,
it is obsolete anyway. Or did I miss something?

> Increasing the buffer size on the stderr stdio-stream could help, as
> well as removing the linemode from stderr (which flushes on every
> newline).

This might help for finite gaps. But if the reader is (say) caught in an
endless loop, ogg123 will still block, sooner or later (depending on
buffer size).

regards,

--
Andreas Fuchs, <asf at acm.org>, <d96001 at htlwrn.ac.at>, antifuchs

<HR NOSHADE>
<UL>
<LI>application/pgp-signature attachment: stored
</UL>