[vorbis] Are AMDs preferable? [was: Choosing a processor]

ndrw mchl grnbrg agreenbu at nyx.net
Tue May 29 10:46:23 PDT 2001

Joane Lispton <jlispton at hotmail.com> wrote:
: Hi again,
:
: On a related not, I think I read in the mailing-list archives that the
: Pentium III wasn't "ideal" for .ogg operations; are AMD's processors more
: appropriate/do they perform better?

The problem with AMD's processors is that the only company that seems to
make motherboard chipsets for them is VIA, and they seem to be having
trouble making a product that is 100% stable. I'm sure that others have
had better luck than I have, but my experiences with VIA-based system
boards have not been pleasant ones.

--
 agreenbu @ nyx . net                             andrew michael greenburg
                     http://www.nyx.net/~agreenbu/