[vorbis] Amplify Ogg files without decode/encode

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Fri May 11 20:34:41 PDT 2001

At 10:31 PM 5/11/01 +0200, you wrote:
>Michael Smith wrote:
>
>> As for your other suggestion of allowing one to ignore n samples at the
>> start/end of the stream, this exists already (and has for a long time).
>> vcut is a tool which adjusts these for specific purposes - libvorbis uses
>> them when decoding, of course.
>
>Is this the program you mentioned some time ago in response to q
>request of mine:
>Is it ready now, or should I still wait?

Yes, it is. I never 'announced' it on the list because I never got around
to the final polishing it really needed (needs).
You can, however, use it if you're careful (it'll generally crash and burn
if you give it bad input parameters, though.)
Basically, vcut takes as input a file, and a sample number. It produces
two output files - one up to that number, one from that number on.
So, if you wanted to get final output being from samples 1 million to 2
million, you'd just run it twice and discard the extra files.
Obviously, this is a pretty crude interface - feel free to write something
more complete based on my code, but be warned - it's fairly hairy.

Michael