[vorbis] icecast 2.0 semi-permanent test stream-feedback

Dado Colussi gdc at iki.fi
Fri May 4 09:44:23 PDT 2001

Jack Moffitt wrote:

> Also, for win32 people, please try FreeAmp as well and Sonique if you
> can.  I'd like to make sure all the plugins end up flawless in terms of
> streaming for the next release of vorbis.

I tried both on my Win2000. Sonique kept crashing
(memory read violation or something) and FreeAMP
hanged. I sniffed the networks and observed that
the player, in about 10 seconds or so, rapidly
decreased it's TCP window size to zero. For some
reason it must have stopped reading the socket
properly.

Downloading the stream with netscape (as if the
stream was a file) I easily received around 15 KB/s
(<128 kbit/s) which I expect to be the weight of
the stream. And that stream didn't hang until I
volontarily decided to stop it.

--
Dado Colussi