[vorbis] ov_pcm_seek() is very slow...

jaromil jaromil at dyne.org
Thu Mar 29 05:08:45 PST 2001

On Thu, Mar 29, 2001 at 10:53:31PM +1000, Michael Smith wrote:

> Libvorbisfile was written primarily as example code - it's intended to be
> correct, but it isn't all that fast. Seeking and opening are the only
> places where it's particularly bad (i.e. much worse than it should/could
> be), that I know of.

i also noticed that ov_time_tell is really cpu consuming as well, doing
some unnecessary operations: just dividing the frameposition returned from
ov_pcm_tell() by the samplerate is enough to have actual position in secs.
that's good enough for me, alltough i'm not 100% sure it's exact.

--
jrml ..//korova.dyne.org
6EEE 4FB2 2555 7ACD 8496  AB99 E2A2 93B4 6C62 4800