[vorbis] live streaming (from microphone to HTTP)

Scott Manley scott at myplay.com
Tue Mar 20 14:35:25 PST 2001

"Jeremy C. Reed" wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Mar 2001, Scott Manley wrote:
>
> > here's a really simple (untested) ufsion of encoder_example and some
> > basic socket code
>
> I was able to build it with:
>  gcc -I/usr/pkg/include -L/usr/pkg/lib -lossaudio -logg -lvorbis \
>  -lvorbisenc encoder_example.c -o encoder_example
>
> And I am starting to read the source. But what does it do?
> Can you share an example fo how to use it (with all command-line
> arguments)?
point it at an icecast 2.0 server and in theory you run it with all the
command line args
<description> <public> <samplerate(Hz)> <channels> <bitrate(bits/sec)>

except that it ignores those last 3 parameters right now

--
Scott Manley (AKA Szyzyg)
Streaming Media Hacker

Listening to..... Floorgasm II - The Hard House Years
http://www.myplay.com/mp/playlist/now_playing.jsp?plid=381576&start=1