[vorbis] [vorbis-dev] I need a Information for Ogg Vorbis.

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Tue Mar 13 14:11:57 PST 2001

On Wed, Mar 07, 2001 at 05:09:23PM +0900, Park, Sam-Yook wrote:
> I want to understand Ogg vorbis format and develope ogg vorbis's player in
> my embedded system.
> So I want know about "Vorbis bitstream mapping" and Structure in detail.
> But the links are broken in www.xiph.org.

The documents you want aren't finished yet (the webpage mentions
this).  Segher on the vorbis-dev list is working on the documentation
you need; you might want to ask him if he has anything complete enough
to forward along as an initial draft of the vorbis packet structure.

> I had read overview of ogg vorbis and understood what ogg vorbis want to be.
> What's the first step? I think it is study the file format and source code.

Right now, the decoder source is authoritative.  We realize that this
is isn't a very good situation... but for the meantime, documentation
isn't ready.

Monty