[vorbis] streaming Vorbis: trials & errors with Icecast 2

Dave Phillips dlphilp at bright.net
Mon Mar 5 11:44:32 PST 2001

Tim Hurman wrote:

> Hi, think I have the solution to this. The exmaple program calls
> shout_send_data (shout.c), and checks the return code is not zero. However
> there is no default return value at the bottom of this function, and so
> would by default return zero even if the send was successfull. To remedy
> this, I have placed a return 1; statement just before the close of thsi
> fuction (line 153).

Well, that helped in this case:

        cat ogglist | xargs cat | shouter 8000

(I renamed libshout/examples/example to shouter and threw it into
/usr/local/bin).

It connects to the server and does not break the pipe. However, I'm
still unable to reach the stream with XMMS. The streamer's mount point
is located at /home/dlphilp/shouter.ogg. I'm trying to connect on the
loopback address (127.0.0.1:8000), with and without the mount point, no
joy.

Tim, are you able to stream and pick up the stream via the loopback ?

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

        The Linux Soundapps Site at http://sound.condorow.net