[vorbis] libao: alsa plugin won't compile

Murphy tsuga at infoserve.net
Sat Mar 3 17:28:13 PST 2001

Hey'

> On Sun, Mar 04, 2001 at 10:32:10AM +1100, Michael Smith wrote:

> > I think the alsa plugin is for an older or newer version of alsa than
> > what you have.

alsa-0.9.0-beta2 is the latest version.  They bumped the version from 0.6.0
to indicate that the api is almost done.  Stable is 0.5.10.

On Sat, 3 Mar 2001, ben at slumber.dhs.org wrote:

> I had this problem too.  There doesn't seem to be a way to tell the
> configure script to not build a plugin.

Once you've run configure, you can do it directly by editing the HAVE_ALSA
section in config.status to:

%@HAVE_ALSA_TRUE@%#%g
s%@HAVE_ALSA_FALSE@%%g

It compiles for me then (without the alsa plugin.)  I guess OSS emulation
will do.

I rpm2tgz'ed libao-0.6.0-1.i386.rpm and it only has the esd and oss
plugins, anyway.  Compiling it myself, I get the arts plugin as well. I'm
doing this with the last nightly build, BTW.

Murphy