[vorbis] CVS, etc...

Kenneth Arnold ken at arnoldnet.net
Thu Mar 1 20:26:39 PST 2001

On Thu, Mar 01, 2001 at 06:22:49PM -0800, mike dillon wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Mar 2001, Geoff Shang wrote:
> > People usually submit to the vorbis project by subscribing to the vorbis-dev
> > list and posting difs to that list.  The vorbis developers prefer to apply
> > changes by hand, so they prefer this approach.  I believe that a particular
> > dif format is preferred, but I'm not sure what it is.
>
> though, i can't say for certain w.r.t. vorbis-dev, context or unified diffs are
> preferred by most patch recipients, at least in the Free Software universe:
>
> 	diff -u file.orig file.rev > file.diff

If you successfully check out a CVS tree, use

cvs -z4 diff -u (or -c)

to get a patch to send to the developers (might want to eye it first
to make sure it diffed the right stuff).

--
Kenneth Arnold <ken at arnoldnet.net> / kcarnold / Linux user #180115
http://arnoldnet.net/~kcarnold/

<HR NOSHADE>
<UL>
<LI>application/pgp-signature attachment: stored
</UL>