[vorbis] tough file

ff123 miyaguch at usa.net
Tue Mar 20 22:44:17 PST 2001

Here's a tough file to encode well at 128 kbit/s average:

https://www.idrive.com/miyaguch/files/Shared/?curr-node=8821135668693434409

"duel.wav"

It is the first few seconds from "Duel of the Fates" off of the Star Wars I
soundtrack.  Vorbis beta 4 at 128 produces artifacts that sound like some
tones are beating with others.  I identified the Vorbis encode 16 of 16
times in an ABX test.  I don't think it has anything to do with pre-echo:
it's just a mass of people in a chorus.  Fraunhofer's FastEnc at 128 does
sound worse to me, if that's any consolation.

ff123