[vorbis] Neuro Net Recordings now provides Ogg Vorbis products

dongoodman deg3 at Ra.MsState.Edu
Tue Mar 20 22:04:39 PST 2001

On Wed, 21 Mar 2001, Kenji Rikitake wrote:

> NEURO NET RECORDINGS NOW PROVIDES OGG VORBIS PRODUCTS FREE ONLINE

perhaps you are not the one to talk to, but none of the links from
the Neural Network Vol. 1 compilation work...they return a file not found
error...

anyway...I look forward to listening to your Ogg Vorbis music! thanks!

have fun
dongoodman, Ogg Vorbis missionary and enthusiast

> TOYONAKA CITY, OSAKA, JAPAN, March 21, 2001 - Neuro Net Recordings
> (NNR), an independent electronic music label, has announced that the NNR
> online products are now available solely in Ogg Vorbis format, from
> their Web site at http://www.nnr.to/ from either IPv4 or IPv6 network.
>
> NNR has concluded that Ogg Vorbis audio compression format in
> maximum-160kbps VBR (Variable Bit Rate) stereo, the de-facto standard
> being used in www.vorbis.com and other major Ogg Vorbis sites, provides
> sufficient quality to distribute music on Internet.  All NNR products
> have been converted to Ogg Vorbis format from the former proprietary
> RealAudio and MP3 formats, free for download.
>
> Kenji Rikitake, the Internet Archivist of NNR and also known as an NNR
> artist known as 'bdx' remarks, "NNR pursues freely-redistributable music
> since the beginning.  While the Internet music distribution is more and
> more focused to the for-profit activities, we welcome new technologies
> such as Ogg Vorbis and Icecast, which pursue royalty-free and
> open-source principles of the digital audio distribution."
>
> NNR started to produce the electronic-music compilation album series
> called Active Potential since 1994.  NNR has released 13 Active
> Potential compilation albums, available in cassette tapes as well as the
> online version.  NNR also has released a compact disc compilation album
> called Neural Network Volume One in May 1996, which is also now
> available online.  NNR has also released the MP3 album from
> FranceMP3.com called Neural Network Volume Two in September 2000.
>
> [End of press release]

    |`I invented the term 'object oriented',              pobox 2516|  |----|
    |and I can tell you                         mississippi state ms|  | () |
 /. |I did not have C++ in mind.'                              39762|  | /\ |

Hi, I'm a .sig Virus, put me in yours :-)