[vorbis] Compiling vorbis-tools on NetBSD-1.5/i386

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Tue Mar 13 08:23:03 PST 2001

On Tue, 13 Mar 2001, Rakhesh Sasidharan wrote:

> I have been trying to compile vorbis-tools-1.0beta4 on NetBSD-1.5/i386,

> /usr/bin/ld: cannot open -ldl: No such file or directory

> There were some more errors relating to a certain soundcard.h file
> missing, but I assume thats coz I don't have esd.  The main thing is, I
> again have a missing -ldl there, although configure never mentioned
> anything while running it, nor did make and make install.
>
> Any ideas, what could be causing this ?

libdl is part of NetBSD. NetBSD has this dynamic link library built
in. Just comment out or remove the line. (For more information, on your
NetBSD system, read the ld.so manual page.)

By the way, it appears you are building a NetBSD "package"; I am also
building one.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/