[vorbis] ov_pcm_seek

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Tue Mar 13 04:43:15 PST 2001

At 05:13 AM 3/13/01 +0100, you wrote:
>How do I seek back to the beginning of a stream using ov_pcm_seek()?
>ov_pcm_seek(0) doesn't seem to do anything, though ov_pcm_tell()
>returns 0 right after opening the stream.
>
>I'm now using ov_pcm_seek(1) which seems to work, but I'm not sure
>if that's really right. Are PCM offsets meant to be 0 or 1 based? Is
>this a bug?

It's probably a bug elsewhere in your code. ov_pcm_seek() to zero is
intended to work, and does work for other people. There have been other
reports from developers of ov_pcm_seek(0) failing, but all of these have
either been unreproducible, or turned out to be errors elsewhere in the
program. The offset is 0-based.

Michael