[vorbis] Problem compiling ogg on OpenBSD-2.7

Rakhesh Sasidharan rakhesh at cse.iitd.ernet.in
Tue Mar 13 03:29:16 PST 2001

Hi Jeremy,

I rectified this particular problem.  Basically, I used `./configure
--with-ogg-prefix=...` and things worked.  I have now managed to compile
and install libogg and libao and vorbis.  But I have a problem regarding
vorbis-tools -- I have the details on a floppy, and I shall mail it in to
the list after this mail.

BTW, I have compiled the above three on NetBSD-1.5/i386.  I was originally
compiling it on OpenBSD, but I ended up doing them on NetBSD instead.
Once things work out here, I shall check up on OpenBSD also.

> I also had many problems with building under NetBSD. But I was finally
> successful. All my notes are posted to the vorbis and vorbis-devel mailing
> lists. I'll try to implement may changes to make a NetBSD package. (This
> should be useful to help port for OpenBSD.) Hopefully, the vorbis
> developers looked at my postings and will make their configure.in (and
> some code) more portable.

Thanks -- I shall go through the list archives.  Around which time was it
btw ?  Just asked so I could search more specifically.

> > Making all in alsa
> > Making all in arts
> > /bin/sh ../libtool --mode=compile gcc -DPACKAGE=\"libao\" -DVERSION=\"0.6.0\" -DSIZEOF_SHORT=2 -DSIZEOF_INT=4 -DSIZEOF_LONG=4  -I. -I. -I.. -I../include    -O20 -D__NO_MATH_INLINES -fsigned-char -DAO_PLUGIN_PATH=\"/usr/local/lib/ao\" -c audio_out.c
> > gcc -DPACKAGE=\"libao\" -DVERSION=\"0.6.0\" -DSIZEOF_SHORT=2 -DSIZEOF_INT=4 -DSIZEOF_LONG=4 -I. -I. -I.. -I../include -O20 -D__NO_MATH_INLINES -fsigned-char -DAO_PLUGIN_PATH=\"/usr/local/lib/ao\" -c audio_out.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o audio_out.lo
> > audio_out.c: In function `_get_plugin':
> > audio_out.c:66: `RTLD_NOW' undeclared (first use in this function)
>
> Try changing the code to use RTLD_LAZY instead. (Please note, I haven't
> tried this under OpenBSD.)
>
> As you work on this you'll probably find that you encounter many more
> issues that you'll need to workaround.

You bet. :)

Thanks.
__