[vorbis] FreeAmp Vorbis streaming fixed (was: RTP)

rob at eorbit.net rob at eorbit.net
Thu Mar 8 02:20:39 PST 2001

On  7 Mar, Dave Phillips wrote:
> Yes, it handles single Ogg files beautifully, but it fails with the
> streaming stuff right after pre-buffering. Says something like "Skipped
> corrupted file" then just stops.
>
> Plese let me know if you get the streaming stuff repaired soon. I'm
> submitting an article to the O'Reilly Network Friday, it's on streaming
> audio for Linux and I'd be happy to include a mention and a screenshot
> of FreeAmp streaming Vorbis.

I just tracked that bug down, and I've been listening to the icecast2
server kicking out vorbis for the last hour. :-)

The fixes have been checked into the FreeAmp CVS, or if you prefer not
to deal with CVS, you can download the vorbis streaming enhanced tarball
here:

  ftp://ftp.freeamp.org/pub/freeamp/src/freeamp-vorbis-streaming.tar.gz

This link is also on the main FreeAmp page. If enough people bug me I
may even compile new Vorbis plugins for windows.

Hmmmm. Bedtime.

--ruaok         Freezerburn! All else is only icing. -- Soul Coughing

Robert Kaye   --    rob at eorbit.net   --   http://www.mayhem-chaos.net