[vorbis] VorbisExt 0.2.0

Beni Cherniavsky cben at crosswinds.net
Sun Jun 24 03:48:23 PDT 2001

On Sat, 23 Jun 2001, Aleksandar Dovnikovic wrote:

> "Warren Spits" <spitsw at ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>
> > For those who are interested, I have released VorbisExt 0.2.0. All users
> > are encouraged to upgrade.

Great!  Thanks for the good job!

By the way, can I have some way to launch it from the command line with a
given file (possibly some rundll/DDE/other hack)?

> I really like your VorbisExt utility, but I would like to make a suggestion
> concerning the comment editor. I think that you should make it look
> like vorbis winamp plug-in tag editor, so that people don't have to
> scroll & choose the tag name (when you are tagging a lot of songs,
> it really can be painful). But you should leave the current
> look of your comment editor as some kind of "advanced" mode.

Be careful not to hide the multiple tags of same name feature, otherwise
average users will never find out that's it's possible and might even not
see such tags.  A possible way to have best of both worlds is to sort by
tag name (the part before `='), in some predefined or better yet
configurable order :TITLE < ARTIST < ALBUM ... (conserving the order of
between tags of same name).  Probably share this order with the drop-down
list of suggested tag names.

--
Beni Cherniavsky <cben at crosswinds.net>
                 (also scben at t2,cben at tx in Technion)