[vorbis] Format comparison

Marshall Eubanks tme at 21rst-century.com
Fri Jun 22 11:25:01 PDT 2001

Anthony Arcieri wrote:

> > So how about this? Who is recording in >2 channels?
>
> Pink Floyd used to.  I know there are 4 channel LPs of Dark Side of the
> Moon and I believe there's one of Atom Heart Mother.  I'm yet to see these
> in any sort of digital format.
>
> Tony Arcieri
>
> --- >8 ----

My understanding is that the record labels see 5.1 channel recordings on DVD's as
their next great hope (to get everyone to replace their old CD collections), so that
lots of stuff is being  _recorded_ in multichannel now.

                                 Regards
                                 Marshall Eubanks

T.M. Eubanks
Multicast Technologies, Inc
10301 Democracy Lane, Suite 410
Fairfax, Virginia 22030
Phone : 703-293-9624       Fax     : 703-293-9609
e-mail : tme at multicasttech.com
http://www.on-the-i.com

Test your network for multicast : http://www.multicasttech.com/mt/
 Check the status of multicast in real time :
 http://www.multicasttech.com/status/index.html