[vorbis] vorbis for slow computers

Freya freya128 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 22 06:51:48 PDT 2001

I have a number of older computers, such as a powermac
6100 (first ever released power mac). What spec is
needed to play vorbis on the mac?

I assume you can encode on any old computer if you are
prepared to wait! ;)

This also make me ask another question. I assume that
some methods of decompression are faster than others?
What are the faster decompression algorythms. I mean
some things in vorbis must be slower than other
things?

I'm thinking it might be neat to have a format for
slower computers with lower quality and perhaps bigger
files.

Is the ogg format itself likely to slow things down?
Any ideas, just out of curiosity?

love

Freya