[vorbis] Format comparison

Dave Sieber dsieber at mediaone.net
Wed Jun 20 21:39:10 PDT 2001

> 1. Rip the whole CD to a single WAV file and encode it as a single MP3.
> Of course, these don't fit on portable players, you can't skip between
> tracks, you can't use track titles, etc, etc, etc.

Yes, I've done this with some Pete Namlook CD's, some of which he has made
as a single 60 minute performance, but split up on CD as six 10 minute
"tracks". Funny how he gets them to be just about exactly 60 minutes :-)

> 3. Just use Ogg.

Which I am now doing. So I'm just missing the gapless output plug-in. I've
just searched the Winamp site, and I find "Dudsoft Gapless Output V1.4 " --
is this the one?

Which reminds me, I wonder how FreeAmp handles this... (will check it out
later).

--
dave