[vorbis] Format comparison

Dave Sieber dsieber at mediaone.net
Wed Jun 20 20:29:13 PDT 2001

> Now is the perfect time to push Vorbis. Thanks to mp3pro,
> people are talking about new formats and thinking about
> updrading their coders/decoders. If there's going to be
> any sort of changeover then people should be made aware
> that there *are* other options.

It came up at work today. One of my co-workers is an electronica musician by
night, and is into making MP3's of his group's music. He was very interested
in MP3pro, so I asked if he knew about Ogg Vorbis. He didn't, so I gently
pointed him to the Vorbis site. He was going to download some of the sample
songs there.

He may or may not start using it, but hopefully he will check it out enough.
At least he now knows that it exists...

--
dave