[vorbis] Comment Header - Chapters

Aleksandar Dovnikovic aldov at EUnet.yu
Mon Jun 11 01:11:12 PDT 2001

"Michael Smith" <msmith at labyrinth.net.au> wrote:

> >But what if I split the source wav and encode these pieces -
> >would that produce the same result as encoding the
> >whole wav and then splitting at the exact points?
>
> No. But at least, unlike mp3, the total length will be the same - but you
> could get edge artifacts at the split point (hard to know without trying
> it).

As of beta4, I couldn't detect artifacts at the split points even when using
mode -b128. With older betas, there were some artifacts that tend to
appear less as the bitrate increased, although some were still audible even
in highest mode -b350 - but they are gone with beta4. This is probably
because beta4 gives more accurate and precise sound.

---
Aleksandar @ Vorbis Xtreme | http://solair.eunet.yu/~aldov
Ogg Vorbis is the free, open source alternative to MP3