[vorbis] Format comparison

Jernej Simonèiè jernej.simoncic at guest.arnes.si
Fri Jun 29 11:33:00 PDT 2001

Hello Jack,

29. junij 2001, 18:17:17, you wrote:

>> MP3 can handle changing bitrate too ( it is called VBR :-)
>> I can probably also handle sampling rate changes, but I guess
>> most player don't support it.

> I'm fairly sure this isn't in the spec.  It does work if the players are
> written properly but mostly they aren't.

Most MP3 players will play VBR mp3 files, even if they don't support
them, but funny things may happen with seeking (one of the funniest
things were happening with WinDVD 1.something, where time and seek bar
were jumping up and down when playing VBR mp3 :)

Jernej Simoncic, jernej.simoncic at guest.arnes.si
http://www2.arnes.si/~sopjsimo/
ICQ: 26266467