[vorbis] Wow...Wondered when this was going to happen.

Bacchus 13 bacchus13 at zdnetonebox.com
Wed Jun 27 00:20:19 PDT 2001

Well...this was a part of the history, which made hackers more political
and economic conscious in order to continue their developments.  One
of the most promising answers to this conflict between intellectual interests
and commercial interests in 'Capitalism' is what is happening here.

Judging from what Monty's telling us, I think the point of this project
is to make this conflict between intellectual interests and commercial
interests more symbiotic by following some rules mainly based on intellectual
prosperity rights.  This is my personal opinion, though.

Personally, as one of the most spoilt consumers in this 'Capitalist'
world, what I am doing now is to use Linux.  I hope this will make me
less spoilt than just using windows.  Thanx to rpm on Mandrake and Redhat
and autoconf, Linux seems to become more idiot-proof.  At the moment,
I am looking forward to the official release of Vorbis encoder.

By the way, Ogg Vorbis Nomad support sounds delicious.

Good luck, team.