[vorbis] Quadraphonics

fungus spam at egg.chips.and.spam.com
Mon Jun 25 15:00:59 PDT 2001

Anthony Arcieri wrote:

> Is there any relatively inexpensive
> solution for recording from a quadraphonic source?  My only suggestion was
> to get two sound cards and write a custom program to sample and properly
> interleave the data, at which point questions about what format to store
> the output in arise.  I suppose wav would work, but afaik the only utility
> which supports quadraphonic WAVs is sox.

Get two PCs set up recording at once. Pass the two stereo
wave files to a single PC. Use the clunk of the stylus
hitting the vinyl as a key to match the start of the
two samples up manually (with full zoom in Sound Forge
or similar this should be easy enough to do). Find something
which will merge the samples.

--
<\___/>
/ O O \