[vorbis] Format comparison

Firelight Multimedia support at fmod.org
Thu Jun 21 12:26:45 PDT 2001

Ok I didn't know about the closed vs open thing, I just meant that the
best technology doesn't always win, beta was supposedly better.. I hope
ogg does win as I'm always recommending it to people and companies over
mp3 whenever I can, but my main point was that if something has a
foothold or got in 'first' its nearly impossible to topple.. Its proven
over and over again with technology (ie ppl don't like windows but they
still use it), mainly because for most plebs more convenient -not- to
change.
Brett

Of

'vorbis-request at xiph.org'