[vorbis] Difficult sample for vorbis w/ audible artifacts

Wilson defiler at null.net
Fri Jun 15 19:37:56 PDT 2001

I grabbed the WAV, and encoded it with the latest Oggdrop at 350kbps. I
dragged 5 instances of the WAV file, and 5 instances of the Ogg file into a
Winamp playlist, and randomized it. I don't hear any artifacts in the Ogg
file..
Next, I encoded the WAV file to a 128kbit VBR MP3 with RazorLame, and into a
128kbit Ogg file with Oggdrop 1.0b4. I put three instances of each into a
Winamp playlist, and 3 instances of the WAV file. Hit randomize, turned up
the volume, closed my eyes, hit play. I really don't hear any artifacts.
Admittedly, I'm using Klipsch Promedia 4.1s.. Not reference quality stuff. I
left my Sennheisers at work today.. I get the impression from your message
that it's not supposed to be that subtle.
If it would help, I could make my mp3 and ogg test tracks available to you..